Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Strawberry Passionfruit Tea



This recipe is very fast and easy to make. It's one of my favorite drinks whenever I'm having a detox.  You will only need 5 ingredients. The strawberries are a wonderful antioxidant and I love to freeze them to use as 'ice cubes'. Coconut Oil is beneficial to your hair/skin care and can also increase your metabolism. My favorite ingredient and my new obsession is Agave Nectar. I try to avoid sweetening my foods with white sugar and sometimes honey can be a little too pricey. I remember seeing Agave Nectar in my Nutrition class when I was in Culinary School and in the baking section of my local grocery store. A few days ago, my curiosity told me to give it a try and seriously guys, I'm in love! It is so easy to pour, unlike honey's thick consistency and it's surprisingly sweet!


You will need:
  • Water
  • Frozen Strawberries
  • Coconut Oil
  • Agave Nectar
  • TAZO® Passion Tea
All you have to do is brew your tea, add a tablespoon each of Agave Nectar and Coconut Oil, and throw in your frozen strawberries. Stir until the Agave Nectar has fully dissolved and the Coconut Oil is melted completely. You can also add a few, thinly sliced lemons to bring in an extra pop of color and flavor. I hope you guys enjoyed this quick and easy recipe. Are you a tea fan? If so, what's your favorite type of tea? 

No comments:

Post a Comment